Question about Elegant coral

coral boy

I bought an Elegant coral about a week ago the frist day it opened real big the next day not so big, now it's starting to show it's skelton on one side my water test are good, do they need a lot of light or a little.
This coral cost me $70.00 and i would hate to lose it so any help would be great

chinnyr

I was given one by my friend as a gift to get my tank setup about 8 months ago.I only had normal output lights and it has been doing fine.It is a tank raised frag so maybe that has something to do with it.The sweeper tentacles are stinging my other corals now,and I might have to trade it in.So far I have not had any probs with it,and I sometimes feed it some frozen brine to help it out.I bet if i paid for it like you did i would be having problems too!It always seems to go that way!

coral boy

Well about the research i did and it does not say anything about what you said. On this board anyway i did a search on google and found out that you can not put them on live rock you need to put them on your sand i did that and things are going better.

coral boy

Big mac
I must say i did do research but it lead me in the wrong direction. Before i bought the coral all i heard was good things about an elegant coral. Just do a search on this board and you will see what i mean it was my fault for not looking into it further

jrb384

just my 2 cents, theres so many different ways to do things in this hobby that are all "correct" thats what makes it fun. Sometimes i see other members tanks and say wtf? i would never do that, but it works and there happy.
theres a billion different variations, but the one similiar thing is there all EXPENSIVE!!!!