Question about Kalk/Aiptasia

sdascher

When using the kalk paste - how long should you leave the paste on before the aiptasia dies??? I removed all of the rock out of the main tank in the process of changing over to a sand bed - but also now is a great time to work on the aiptasia problem!! I have been taking one to two rocks at a time, placing them in a 10g and kalking the crap out of them because I have so many!! The peppermint shrimp that I have never would eat them. I have been leaving the rock in place for 2-3 days and then after checking them, moving them back to the main tank, (which is mostly empty) but that may not be long enough??

col

From what I've read here you need to inject them individually.
Others may know better.

sdascher

Yes, I would agree that you inject them one at a time, but how long does it take them to die?? One day?? Or possibly a couple of days. I would think that if the Kaulk burns them, it would only be a matter of a few hours........

reefnut

I just use very hot water. Works every time as long as the aiptasia is not able to retract out of the way.

S

sinner's girl

JerseySaltwater- search for "aiptasia picture" a thread titled "Aiptasia" started by toddpolish on the Equipment & DIY board. (it's the 7th thread down) (i'll try to figure out how to copy the pic)
hth