question about my skimmer

hellspawn

I have the via aqua multiskmmer on my tank, and I just added LR to my tank. My LFS said to empty out the top cup on skimmer whenever it fills up, but as soon as I empty it, it fills right back up again. Should my skimmer be filling the cup to the top with water?

viper_930

Is it just clean water? The stuff in the collection cup should be brownish or green. If it is just all clear white then you shoud raise the collection cup a little. You should only need to empty it out every 3 days to a week.

hellspawn

Thanks for the reply. It's mostly clean water with just a little sediment at the bottom. I raised the cup as far up as will go without detaching it and it just keeps filling up...

T

tizzo

Are you putting in any additives?? Cause one time I aded Kents Micro Vert and my skimmer filled up 3 times back to back. It was rediculous!!!

chandler04

Is it a venturi? U should mess around with the flow dial on the intake for the filter, and then the venturi airtube to get the right amount of bubbles going. Once that, then you should be set. Show me a pic of the filter so I can tell u where these things are...:D