Question about my yellow watchman goby

pacopetty

I just put hinm in the tank Friday nightand I saw him once or twice and haven't seen him since. Is this normal? Should he come out to eat because I didn't see him when I fed him yesterday?

marineman

probably still settling in, hope you don't have any aggressive predatory fish with him in the tank. i just ordered one and read they gain confidence when paired up with a pistol shrimp and share a burrow. i don't know how much time they spend out in the open as many smaller fish can be shy in nature this way they aviod many predators in the wild. looking forward to getting mine and may get a pistol shrimp also if he won't kill anything i have in my tank already! Good luck

pacopetty

he is the only fish, 1 cb shrimp and some snails. I hope he is just getting acclimated to his new home.

swaquarim

dont worry about it..my watch man was missing for a little less than a year...just came out yesterday healthier than ever

D

daniel411

Its perfectly normal. They are very skittish and can take awhile to gain confidence in their surroundings. Awesome fish though :)