Question about ordering from UK in US

biggredd

I am on another website that is discontinueing their line of Black Indo pacific Xfine sand. With conversion rates 120 pounds of it is coming to $67. When it is shipped through customs will I have to pay a huge duty on it? Not sure if it is worth it or not. The company is UK based and I am in the U.S.

maxalmon

I goes on the declared value. I would think that the shipping alone on 120lbs would make it more $$ than if you purchased local. What are the shipping rates?

biggredd

Still trying to confirm the shipping rates. They deal internationally regularly so I sent an email asking a ball park figure but was hoping for a faster answer here if anyone had any experience.
Thanks.
I'll update when I know

maxalmon

Keep us posted, I used to own a manufacturing company and we shipped stuff world wide but the rates were insane, maybe it's better for them to ship to us because of the exchange rate? Good luck

biggredd

Looks like it will be pretty darn expensive. The weight I entered was too much and didn't calculate. When I put just one bag it comes to like $70 for a $20 bag. Guess I'll keep an eye out for in the US.
I'll send a message to you on here. Check your account Hawthorne.

hawthorn

thank you very much its appreciated as getting live sand in the uk is quite hard as most lfs dont stock it.
thank you
hawthorn