question about "pro clear aquatic systems" wet/dry

who dey

i have been looking at puting this model on my 55gal. It is rated for a 125 but i want some kickin flow. Has anyone ever heard anything about this manufacturer??

dvst8r

i have a proclear wet/dry and skimmer and i love both wouldnt think but once i got my skimmer dialed in it takes some gunk out absoutely no problems with the wet dry

michelle l

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
i have been looking at puting this model on my 55gal. It is rated for a 125 but i want some kickin flow. Has anyone ever heard anything about this manufacturer??
What powerhead brand comes with the system? Mine came with an Aqua Clear Aquatics powerhead and it was junk. It burned out after less than 6 months, leaving me skimmerless. I literally had smoke rolling out of the water in the wet/dry, along with a foul burning smell! It was very weird looking. I had also purchased an extra PH (same brand) to return the water to the tank, and it just died this weekend. I have no complaints about the actual wet/dry, just the crappy powerheads that came with the one that I bought. If you can somehow work it out where a different brand comes with it, do it.

who dey

Originally Posted by Michelle L
What powerhead brand comes with the system? Mine came with an Aqua Clear Aquatics powerhead and it was junk. It burned out after less than 6 months, leaving me skimmerless. I literally had smoke rolling out of the water in the wet/dry, along with a foul burning smell! It was very weird looking. I had also purchased an extra PH (same brand) to return the water to the tank, and it just died this weekend. I have no complaints about the actual wet/dry, just the crappy powerheads that came with the one that I bought. If you can somehow work it out where a different brand comes with it, do it.
Doesn't come with the pump. I will probably go with a RIO HyperFlo although i've heard negatives about the RIO's also

jamesthero

Originally Posted by Michelle L
mine just took a ---- too this weekend i'm going to go with a mag 18, they come with a cap 2200 and a cap 1800 no luck with them.

michelle l

Originally Posted by jamesthero
mine just took a ---- too this weekend i'm going to go with a mag 18, they come with a cap 2200 and a cap 1800 no luck with them.
Bingo, that's the exact kind that came with mine. Junky!!
(But I like the wet/dry itself.)

jclark

i like both of my proclears, i have the proclear 300 on my 150 gal tank and the proclear 150 on my 55 gal. my pro clear 150 came with CAP 2200 for both the skimmer and return and i had been using it for over a year with out replacementing them. both the 125 and 150 proclear return overflow box is rated for 600 gal/hr. but i just got my proclear 300 and it only came with a rio pump for my protien skimmer and then i placed a mag 18 on it for return

zenway9

dfrick,
so replacing the bio-balls with live rock will cut out the nitrates 100%?
how much live rock do you have in that compartment?