Question about storing LR and how?

jcsurfn

I just took down my tank. I have about 20# of LR. I put water from my tank into a rubbermaid container then put the LR in the container. My question is should I have a heater and power head in there? The LR has a lot of coraline algae on it. That is what I am worried about. I do not have much light on it at all. So how long tell I start to hurt the coraline algae? Is there anything I can do? I am looking to sell this LR off so if interested let me know.
Thank You

jcsurfn, I would go ahead and put a powerhead in there, that way your rocks just are not sitting in there stagnating. You probably don`t need to put a heater in the container, good luck with your rocks.

slick

Personally I would add a heater and powerhead. You don't want anything to die while it sits in there.

michaeltx

to keep the algae brightly colored it will also have to have a light source on it if not the coraline will slowly start to fade away. but the heater and the powerhead are a good thing to have in there to keep the life alive in and on the rock.
Mike

jcsurfn

Hi!
Thank You for the replys. I will get a power head and a heater in there. Also what is the least amount of light I can get away with? I just took this rock out. I think it looks really good. The LR that they have at my LFS for $3.99 a # as almost no coraline algea on it at all. I think there is almost 20# so i guess I would sell it for $70.00 there was also some polyps coming out of one but I have not seen them in a while. Then I have no idea what shiping whould be for 2 day. I think that is usually what LR is sent.