Question about VHO or pc lighting

malibu599

I have a 46 gallon bowfront aquarium, I am interested in upgrading my lighting either VHO or pc. Which can I do cheaper? I want the cool blue actinic look. I just have live rock for now, but may have anenome or some corals later with better lighting.
Any suggestions Thank you

saltyfish

well I have been studding this out doing 2 polls one came out vho and the other came out pc. in price though your looking at vho kits costing 150 mabe and pc 200. pc is more but not that much more and there smaller in with so you can get more into a small space. the bulbs are vho 23 and pc might be 32. I do know that aninomes need tons of light.

overanalyzer

The other item is that PC bulbs run cooler and have a longer shelf life .... so they last a year but most people recommend you replace yoru VHO bulbs after 8 months ....

chem-e

I'm upgrading my lights also and I'm going with the VHOs. I've been doing a little research between the two bulbs and I've found that it's really based on personal preferences. I've decided on going with the VHO and I'm actually going to purchase them today. The reason I chose VHOs was due to the price. I found retrofits that I think are a really good deal, so I'm going with the VHOs.