Question for everyone?????

I got in 5 peppermint shrimp in about a week ago. I got the shrimp because i heard that they eat Aiptasia. Well is there a trick to make them want to eat them? At this time ihave nver seen them eat one at all nor have i seen them move much (which the last time i had them they didnt move much then either). So whats the trick to this

nm reef

Where did you get them from...online or a local LFS?
How did you acclamate them?
Peppermints have handled what few aiptasia I've had...and mine are fairly active. Most of the time when the lights are on they hide...except whenever I feed the display or after the lights go out. Mine have been a good addition.
Hopefully yours will adjust to their new home....good luck!
I really like mine...I currently have 3 peppermint and a pair of cleaners...:yes:

elfdoctors

I have read from Bang Guy that there are actually two different species of peppermint shrimp, only one of which eats aptasia.
I got several from swf.com. The first week they only hid. Now they come out occasionally to feed. I had also read that peppermints will only eat the young small aptasia but about 10 days after I introduced the shrimp the few large aptasia I had were gone. I haven't seen any since.
Your shrimp may be too new, too small or the wrong species.
Anyone else with ideas?

blk822

I had a really bad aptasia problem and bought peppermints. They didn't eat anything. So I kill alot of the aptasia by injecting them with a rreeeaaallyy thick mixture of Kalk. They let me put the needle right in there mouth ,if I moved very slowly. Then My peppermints molted and they started to eat the aptasia. They don't eat them all at one time. You will notice that the aptasia start having small arms on them and they look dark, then one day it will be gone. Mine are eating some really big ones too. And I bought mine on SWF.com. They are small when you get them and grow quickly. Now mine will come out and pick at my hand when I put it up to the glass .They are really cool to watch .