Question for Thomas712 or anemone pros

emmitt2

I have a sebae that i am getting ready to transfer to my 180 when it is set up. The problem is he just recently moved off his rock home for the first time and is now attached to the glass.
When the time comes, how do i get him off the glass so i can get him in the new tank?? To make matters even more difficult, he is attached in a corner so he is actually attached to 2 different sides of the tank :help:

alyssia

Try aiming a PH at him or holding a bag of ice water around his foot and he will probably let go. I learned that from Thomas myself!

rach4194

I just moved mine yesterday during a water change. I wore a long glove and very slowly and gently moved him off the glass from the foot of the anemone. It was a little like peeling a sticker off glass, you have to pry it's foot up and off. My sebae is the size of a dinner plate and attached very secure to the glass. Just take your time and don't pull him off the glass. Hopefully you don't have any clowns hosting. Mine were very upset. I had to move mine because he moved to the front of my tank, so when ever you wanted to see it you would have to look through the side.
When I got him over a year ago he was the size of a silver doller and bleach white. Thanks to Thomas he is now thriving a little too much. I'm going to have to get a bigger tank to put him in. I want a bigger one anyway. :happyfish
The last pic is when I had him for about 6months.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by alyssia
Try aiming a PH at him or holding a bag of ice water around his foot and he will probably let go. I learned that from Thomas myself!

Yep those methods will work. I've even used a straight razor blade and plastic putty knifes to remove them off of the glass.
Try the less aggressive methods first.

emmitt2

Thank you all very much for the responses!
Probably try the bag of ice 1st, i'll let you guys know when i make the move and how it worked.