Question for those with fish rooms!

docsls6

I'm looking for the best way to move a 4260 gallon fish room. At the minimum I want to turn water over 4 times per hour. Let's assume that there are going to be approx 102 20 gallon tanks, 54 30 gallon tanks and 6 100 gallon tanks. Broken in half with a 250 gallon sump on either side. So there would be 2 sides with 51 20's, 27 30's and 3 100's. Stacked on racks that go 3 high. I'm looking for a pump setup that isn't going to kill half the whole system at one time if the motor blows out. If I ran say 3 1hp motors feeding into one main return line, could I get the same kind of performance as running 1 3hp motor? This would act as a fail safe if 1-2 motors burned while I was away. at least there would still be SOME water flow if there was a failure. I already plan on buying a generator should the power go down, and 3 115v pumps would be easier on the pocket book than a big 230v pump. Question is, will this work or will each pump need it's own line, or how many 1 hp pumps would be needed for the same water flow?
Second question is drainage. I know that drilling holes in the top of the drain lines will help the water flow a little better, but what size return line am I going to need to flow the appropriate amount of water? I was thinking 3" would be sufficient, but I'd be curious what you thought.
Thanks for the help.

docsls6

It's not for personal use! It's for a fish wholesale business. I'm going to need to figure out how to work some cubes in too.

acrylic51

See might want to look at the Sequence line.....they have some big puppies just for that type of application.....The biggest I've ever had my hands on by Sequence is 3HP.......The have a good rep, and think you can get them with the Baldor motors which are rebuildable not like other pumps on the market.....

rykna

WOW! If it were me I would counsult other businesses. I've never moved that much, but when I have moved my tanks I set up the new tank first, then move. Is this an option for you?

acrylic51

I take it since your setting up your wholesale front that you don't have any livestock????? If you have livestock your buying, then it does become alittle tricky, but the move could easily be made......