Question for trigger lovers

jtrzerocool

Hey all...
i know this will sound like a redundant question...but here goes...
i have a 65g fowlr...is there a trigger that i could put in the tank? i am doing it semi agressive...i have a pair of maroons and a sailfin blenny(i know...not agressive)...but my real question is...is there a trigger that i can get for my tank?

ccampbell57

For a 65g tank? IMHO - you can put a humu or a small niger in there for a little while. I would say you have 2 years max on a humu and the same for a niger (if you get them at 2")
I say this because my niger is the slowest growing fish I own. He has doubled size in 2 years, but he is still only 6". My clown on the otherhand has doubled size in less than 8 months.

jtrzerocool

i was thinking of getting a niger but i wasnt sure if i could keep it for its life...well i think i will end up getting the niger...thanks for the info...

cafero702

the niger is a cool trigger but if it was between that and the huma i would get the huma they are the slowest growing trigger there is and there not too aggresive i know some ppl with them in a reef just my opnion lol
the niger is cool too though

R

rcreations

The huma is the slowest growing trigger. According to everything I read, it grows about 1" per year.