Question on buying Live Rock

christopher

I want to buy LR. I need about 80lbs. My area store sells what they call LR, I call it dead rock. Could any of you give me advice on where to buy on the web? thanks

salty guy

<a href="https://www.saltwaterfish.com/invertpackages.html" target="_blank">www.saltwaterfish.com/invertpackages.html</a>
hmmmm....
Though I am not a fan of buying rock on the net because I like to hand pick my rock to make sure I get just the right rock.

N

notaquaman

Email me off line. I got a contact for you who delivered the most incredible LR I've seen to me about 2 months ago.

biggdriver

How can I e-mail you .how can I get your e-mail address? E-mail me if you want with the info please timmk@charter.net

I bought 55 lbs of LR from SWF.com and was very pleased with it. I am thinking I was very lucky not to get a piece with a mantis shrimp in it though. Have started picking up a piece here and there at the LFS for some variety. Found that Saturdays are good days to spend cruising the LFS. Happened to be there when a person brought in 100 lbs because they were breaking their tank down to move from the area. Was pretty stuff, well cured and was cheaper than what the store usually charges. Maybe it was just my lucky week end! Read the posts on Mantis shrimp...interesting stuff

jakob4001

SWF.com seems to have not had any negative post against it's LR; but is a bit pricey; might be an instance of you get what you pay for though; petwarehouse someitmes has good dela on LR; have seen people post positive things about gulf view LR too

fshhub

although it looks brown and dead, it will grow the nice stuff to, but swf i have heard has some nice rock with good reviews
but if you go ther make sure is is petwarehouse, not petS, i had good luck with petwarehouse myself