Question on equipment pricing!

bestest

Due to the lack of choices in stores, i've got no base for comparison. One lfs has real nice acrylic tanks for 600+ dollars. Definitely not in my budget. The other lfs has a 75 G glass tank on sale + pine stand for $319.99. Is that a good deal, thank you for any responses. I was also thinkin ahead, they had RO water for 25 cents a gallon, how's that. Once again thank you.

Silly question, what is RO water? Also anyone feel like making a quick list of the often used abbreviations on this board, many thanks from a newby :D

wakesetter

When you penny pinch in the beginning you end up paying later.The tank sounds like a good deal.Check your local classifieds or ----.If you get a used tank make sure you put an extra layer or silicone/aquarium sealer on all the corners.Get a good filter W/D (wet dry) filter in the beginning. It will save you many dollars (dead fish, water changes) in the long run.I speak from experience.Saltwater fish as a hobby is expensive. Good Luck. LFS=local fish store,RO=reverse osmosis, SW=saltwater, FW=freshwater,HT=hospital tank,QT=quarintine tank. Just a few. :)

pufferlover

When given the choice I have always bought glass tanks due to their less likely chance of developing scratches. In my mind the thing for acrylic is that they almost never can leak- so it is a personal preference type decision.