Question on how often to add fish?

dut

Just curious how long I should wait between adding fish. Tanks has been cycled for 3 weeks.
Tank is 180 gallons with a 4inch sand bed and 200lbs of rock. Has a small cleaner crew of 20 hermits 10 snails 3 emerald crabs a couple brittle stars and a monkey shrimp.
Fish load is
3 green chromis and a vermiculated angel. 3 chromis have been in for 3 weeks, got them the day after the tank cycled. The angel was just added 3 days ago. Next fish will be something small, probably a clown goby, but dont want to go to fast. Just wanted to know about how much time between fish purchases there should be.

nofish4u!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the rule of thumb is one every 2 weeks..? I wait longer though, just to be safe. Maybe one a month.

dut

Originally Posted by nofish4U!!
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the rule of thumb is one every 2 weeks..? I wait longer though, just to be safe. Maybe one a month.

Good deal, thank you for the quick responce. :joy:

hot883

With a tank that size and the amount of live rock you will be ok if adding small fish 2 weeks apart IMHO. Monitor your levels regularly and if any of them are off AT ALL, don't add but wait.