Question on selling LR

reb

I am going to be taking down my 125 and selling most of the live rock. How should you sell the live rock. Do you sell it while it is still in the tank growing and then try and ship it with damp rags on it, or do you take it out and ship it dry?

J

jessed244

I believe the majority, and i have been told its the best way, is to sell it in the tank, and ship it damp. I think if it is totally dried out, thats not the best. but what do i know.

blaze98

all live rock that I have received through the mail has been wrapped in either wet newspaper or paper towels, both methods kept the rock moist and die off to a minimum.

rootx69

The only way to sell live rock is from the tank. Most people wrap them in damp paper towels and them plastic bag them into normally 2 heavy duty trash bags. If you take them out and ship them dry they will no longer be live rock just base rock because all the beneficial bacteria will die and that what were all really after.

namas05

Yes from the Tank wet. Dead rock is not worth the shipping cost.
you will get a lot more money for it if you keep it alive, rather than pull it from the tank and let it die.

mr_x

try to sell it local before shipping. it's very expensive to ship heavy, bulky objects. it's better if someone comes and picks it up, already cured. don't you have a local reef club? post it there....someone's bound to be upgrading and will come for it!