Question on Yellow Wrasse

flower

It was a cute little fellow...I took my time to acclimate him...he was just fine swimming around when I placed him in my tank...he swam to the bottom...looked at my nice deep sandbed, and in he went!
A week ago, and I have not seen it since. Is it possible it died down in there? Is there any hope it will ever come out? Does it live in te rock like the serrpent star and is never seen???

nietzsche

what other fish do you have? its possible that every time it comes out its being harassed by some fish and then it hides again. or it hasnt adjusted completely to your lighting schedule yet
they dont live in the rock, they normally just sleep and hide in the sandbed. make sure to keep a lid on the aquarium for wrasses since they are jumpers

flower

Originally Posted by nietzsche
http:///forum/post/3090852
what other fish do you have? its possible that every time it comes out its being harassed by some fish and then it hides again. or it hasnt adjusted completely to your lighting schedule yet
they dont live in the rock, they normally just sleep and hide in the sandbed. make sure to keep a lid on the aquarium for wrasses since they are jumpers
+1 on jumping...I have a mesh glued over the egg crate. I checked for a dead fish on the carpet just in case it wasn't as safe as assumed but nothing.
I don't have aggressive fish...a Kole and Hippo tang, a red lip blenny, a little Fridmani dottyback and two clowns who stay by the intake valve, they hosted the pipe LOL.
So are you saying that after a week it could still emerge?

groupergenius

They can stay under for a while if they want. I personally think they go into a state of semi-hibernation under there.

flower

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/3091190
They can stay under for a while if they want. I personally think they go into a state of semi-hibernation under there.
Okay...you got my hopes up...I will keep an eye out for him to emerge.