question please see pic

fish1031

I have an open brain coral
it has not been opening "growing" blobby lately
i felt it today and it is faily hard but slimy on top...
is it dead?

albfishin'

It won't open per say. That's it, the way it looks now. However, the flesh will expand and get swollen looking. I agree with the above post. As long as there is no skeleton showing your good. When was it added to the tank?

fish1031

Well it got swollen like you said. It did everyday. Haven't seen it like that for a week or so. It was in the tank when i bought it in June.

mscarpena

Let me ask you this what do you expect it should look like because it looks just as it should to me. I have one and thats what it does to open it swells up. I agree as long as there is not skeleton showing your fine. Take a look at some other open brain pics and I think your worries will be eased. I think it looks just fine.

petjunkie

What are your water parameters, lighting and is anything bothering it at all, sand being blown on it, fish picking, etc.

trippkid

Check it out with the tank lights out at night, it may be a little more swollen then, maybe not. See if it has any of its feeding tenticles out. I agree with everyone here and that for the most part they look just how your pic is. Don't know why it is not puffed up for you now if it has always been swollen since June, but like said they do inflate and deflate sometimes, give it some time and see what happens.