question regarding shadows

bhfccsr198

okay all here it goes im ready to be flamed i have a recently cycled tank with just live rock and live sand well i went out and bout 2 yellows and i had a purple tang and i put them all in there but now my purple really mellow but both my yellows are fighting the shadows they make on the side of glass which is so os os os funny but how long till they stop ya think

michaeltx

sorry but it may not yellows dont do good in a group of 2 they will become very aggressive.
what size tank are these guys in?
Mike

sk8shorty01

Yellow Tangs tend to be very aggressive in groups of two. Did you try turning your lights off for a while? This could cause them to calm down a little bit.

dogstar

Its very common for some fish to fight their own reflection.....not much you can do to stop it that I know of except put some white parer on the outside and sometimes that does not work either .....hopefully they will calm down and do it less....if the stress gets to them then stress will do what stress does. Cuase them to get sick.
I have a Hippo and a few Yellows and they sometimes fight themselfs still after 6 years....it is funny at first but after a while.........

goingpoor

That so reminds me of flow off of nemo just got done watching that again for like the 100th time....My oppion is yellow tangs are nasting i had one and when i was able to catch it ,it came out of my tank.They just so aggresive with other fish...but good luck with it