question tube anenome

jessica47421

during feeding time for my tube anenome there is a clear slim like substance that goes over his whole body and then it goes down to the other end away from his head and is there till next feeding is this normal?

adesimone1

Originally Posted by jessica47421
during feeding time for my tube anenome there is a clear slim like substance that goes over his whole body and then it goes down to the other end away from his head and is there till next feeding is this normal?
That is normal that is where it goes when it protects himself. If you try to move it you actually have to dig deep in the substrate to get the anemone out

adesimone1

Originally Posted by jessica47421
do these things move alot or do they just find one stop they like and stay there?
Once they find there spot they are there forever.

babyb

i have two, one has never moveing and one moves from hole to hole, on one side he has about 3 or 4 different tubes that he will spend a little time in then go to anyother one, it makes me so mad because i cant have any corals near him because he moves so much

petjunkie

Usually they bury deep in a sandbed, try asking in the clownfish and anemones section, they should have more info about them.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by BabyB
i have two, one has never moveing and one moves from hole to hole, on one side he has about 3 or 4 different tubes that he will spend a little time in then go to anyother one, it makes me so mad because i cant have any corals near him because he moves so much
if you only feed him when he is in the hole of your choice he will use that hole the most as he is going to associate it with good feeding ground. its instinctive for it to use the place that has the best food supply. (note: it may take up to a year to see results from this)