Questions a few

jeepman3sk

i just put the glass top on my tank and im getting my 96w PC light tomorrow should i keep the top on or go with the eggcrate stuff. Im a little scared about taking to glass off since im at college an my roommate has a party with drunks every thursday. Im afraid that they will drop something in there. Also i have all of the fliters on one side of the tank but it is on a 3 sides table like you can see it from the kitchen living room and the counter top. Should i move all of the filters to the "back" side that is kinda against the wall. If so what do i do about the glass top and that stuff. Should i do a egg crate witht hat and when he has his parties put a piece of plastic over the whole top sealing it off so i dont have to worry about the drunks? Sorry about all of the questions but someone IMed me lastnight about my tank and i shower him a pic and he gave me the idea.

a2fire2i

I dont know of many people who have a glass cover on their tank due to the salt creep reducing lighting. I run egg crate on mine. I would also move the filters and what not to the back of the tank.
Sorry i cant be much of a help, but i am not in the same situation as you..