Questions about Clownfish breedeing

rebelprettyboy

1. How can you tell if your clownfish are mated and going to breed?
2. Neways to make them breed?
3. How do you get the eggs off rocks if they lay em?
4. How do you make them lay em on a disk or something or do the clwonfish just do it?
5.HOw can u tell if the clownfish is gonna have babies

mtaviat

Clownfishes, a book written by Joyce Wilkerson. I will sell you mine shipped to your door for $23. It is truly the clownfish bible. It'll answer any of your questions.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by mtaviat
http:///forum/post/2734528
Clownfishes, a book written by Joyce Wilkerson. I will sell you mine shipped to your door for $23. It is truly the clownfish bible. It'll answer any of your questions.
If i had money I sure would take thta deal right now. Ive heard nothing but good things about that book!

howie418

I have been breeding clownfish in my home aquarium for over a year. It is not that hard to do and can pay for the aquarium electricity bill. Not to meantion that you are doing the right thing by helping the hobby and protecting the reefs of the world.
Breeding Clownfish

nancysalt

I got my clowns about a year ago and they were very small, after the fighting one is bigger and is the female. They go everywhere together but no egg yet. How old do your clowns need to be before they breed? They are in a 55g and are the only fish in the tank.

louti

This is what i read from another site. I won't post the name because I'm not sure it is allowed.
"The night of when the eggs are supposed to hatch you can remove the live rock that the eggs were laid on and put it into the breeding tank. Take care not to expose the eggs to air. If possible fill a bag with aquarium water and place it into the tank. Put the rock with the eggs on it into the bag and lift out the rock and bag. Place the bag underwater in the breeding tank and remove the rock."
I have also read it in several other places. Not disagreeing with your success. If it works, great. Mine have yet to lay eggs, so I don't have the personal experience yet, just have read a ton in preparation. Seems to me though that it would be easy enough to use a large ziploc and transport them in water to be safe.