quick question, quick reply needed

ebeckels

diatoms are very good...copepods eat them...ur copepod population will increase with diatoms...diatoms are on the bottom of the food chain...anyways..they are very good for a tank. they just don't look good.

kyarnkid

hey wolfman,
How do you get your temp stable. You told me in a recent post that you had the same problem with your tank as far as heat went. How did you fix it?

kyarnkid,
well, i went out and bought another heater and it did not do the trick, unfortunetly i am still having the same problem. the only source of heat is a portable heater (new addition to the house was the garage, converted to a bedroom and never ran heating ducts) which i do not have on 24/7, so as the room temp drops so does my tank. i cant figure a cheap way to fix the prob. either. if you find a way let me know, sorry and thanks

orby

Wolf, I think I may have a possible solution to your problem.
If your space heater is off at the same time each day and you can determine how far the temp drops in the tank during that time you could add another heater to the tank. Put it on a timer to compensate for the lack of heat during that time. It would take some tinkering on how much heat to have on and how long but it may just work.