Quick Question, Thanks

I just got a new fish but the mini keeps messing with him. I caught the mini and have him in a bucket with air bubbles. I want to put him in the wet dry filter below until tomorrow. Should I put him in the sections with the skimmer and the pvc pipes or the section with the pumps for the uv and filter?
Thanks

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by gonefishcrazy
http:///forum/post/2596735
I just got a new fish but the mini keeps messing with him. I caught the mini and have him in a bucket with air bubbles. I want to put him in the wet dry filter below until tomorrow. Should I put him in the sections with the skimmer and the pvc pipes or the section with the pumps for the uv and filter?
Thanks

Ok not sure what a mini is . But I would keep it away from pumps of any kind unless they have prefilters on them .

hammerhed7

if your mini is a minatus grouper, and it is already established in the tank then he will most likely hammer on anything you put in with him. What size tank do you have, and what was the new fish you have added? How big is the mini?

Yes, a miniatus grouper, he is about 5-6 inches. I added a saddleback grouper. The tank is 150 gallons. I put the miniatus in the wet dry on the side where the skimmer is. How long do you think I should keep him there before putting him back? Thanks

srfisher17

Originally Posted by gonefishcrazy
http:///forum/post/2597054
Yes, a miniatus grouper, he is about 5-6 inches. I added a saddleback grouper. The tank is 150 gallons. I put the miniatus in the wet dry on the side where the skimmer is. How long do you think I should keep him there before putting him back? Thanks
Are you just giving him a "timeout"? If that's the case, I don't think it matters when you return him. Two groupers in a 150 are not likely to get along at all.

hammerhed7

Don't put these two fish together, one of them will be killed, Saddle's are also very aggressive, and get much larger than the miniata. One grouper to a tank is the best rule to follow