Quick Question?

spmnarciso

I'm planning on buying some 55G plastic drums for my water changes and RO water reservoir. Is there a proper way of cleaning them out, or will soap and water do? They were just used for food distribution(juice concentrate).

bigarn

IMO washing them out with soap and water should be OK....but be sure to rinse them THROUGHALLY and allow to dry completely. especially with juice concentrate having been in there.

adhoc

I'm a bit paranoid I guess, but I'd be more worried about soap residue in the bucket than the juice. Hot water alone should take care of any leftover juice concentrate.

msd2

hmm I think the soap is a bad idea. I would rinse well, let the water sit for a few days rinse again and if needed wipe down with vinger. Soap is a really bad idea. If you miss any residue its going right into your tank. Depending on the plastic you might not even be able to get it all too.

C

crm13

I agree with msd. Soap and anything to do with your tank is a bad idea. I just use some vinegar, also, and then rinsed it repeatedly with really hot water. Juice concentrate should come right out with really hot water, I would think.

T

tizzo

Don't use soap!! The JC is ok, heck people can squirt aiptasia with lemon juice and not have complications. A food distribution container is already the safest next to "never been used" of course. But just rinse it with the hot water, cause even vinager is a "juice concentration", isn't it??