Quick question!

lilwill83

I've read, done my research and theres one thing that differs and thats the number of inches of fish per gallon. I understand that the common answer is 1inch of adult fish per gallon. But heres my question. Say i buy a cleaner package do i have to take the inverts and count them as part of the inch/gallon equation? Im sure im making this harder then it probably should be but an answer would be of great help and any suggestions as to what i should put in my tank as part of that package. I've got a 55g, Live Rock, and 50lbs of aragonite sand. This is my first salt water aquarium and im goin all out but at the same time i understand the patience involved. Thanks for the help and suggestions!!!

arkey.d

The rule is 1" of adult size fish/5 gallons of water. So for a 55 your looking at 11" I don't count the inverts, wether that's right or wrong I don't know.
I also heard that people strech the above rule to 3 gallons instead of 5 gallons.
This is my Cleaner Crew for my 55 gallon:
15 Scarlet Hermit Crabs
10 Astrea Snails
15 Cerith Snails
15 Nassarius Snails
10 Margarita Snails
5 Peppermint shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
1 Cleaner Shrimp
Welcome to the forum!

ka0z4allu

Inverts do not add much to your bioload so they do not apply to the inch per gallon rule. Also that rule is going to vary depending on your setup. Could be more or less depending on your water quality, and space.