Quick Question

good alex

I have a 150g tank and i am currently building my own sump/fuge, and was wondering if i can take the black bracing off the 55g(sump/fuge) because its literaly a cm to tall to fit under the tank, but once it gets in there theres more room so ill be able to put it back. I tried to take it offf but its hard is there some special technique or way that your supposed to take it off.
thanks
alex

scsinet

You can carefully slice the silicon with a razor blade and with a little elbow grease it will come off.
Of course with a 55g, there is cross bracing integral to the framework, so it forms a key structural element of the tank. You can probably get away with it if you don't plan on filling it more than about half way, but anymore and I'd worry about failure.

snakeblitz33

Originally Posted by SCSInet
You can carefully slice the silicon with a razor blade and with a little elbow grease it will come off.
Of course with a 55g, there is cross bracing integral to the framework, so it forms a key structural element of the tank. You can probably get away with it if you don't plan on filling it more than about half way, but anymore and I'd worry about failure.
Agreed.

good alex

well heres an update, dont even have any pictures of what it looked like before, it was just so mesed up.
when it was completed

And now that its set up