Quick Question

kq25

How does xeinia grow.Does it reproduce by budding,or does it slpit,or grow some other way?

alix2.0

it mostly grows new stalks. not sure what the term for that would be. it can also drop branches to go grow elsewhere. you can also frag it by cutting it just about anywhere.

kq25

I have had mine for 4 days.It has two little new heads,but it also looks like it is trying to split.

alix2.0

its possible. i had one a few years ago that went from two to 10 stalks in 3ish weeks, and i got one last friday that was one stalk and is now two and has grown considerably. are you worried about it? because its fine. actually, if its splitting, its doing well. so, congrats.

alix2.0

why do you think this? i mean, it probably is. but its a very slow process, taking place over days. it doesnt just pop apart.

kq25

For the past two days,like one part is growing more and more out,you can see the bottom part of the coral is stretching out.

alix2.0

sounds either like its splitting or its just getting used to your tank or its just trying to get more light. can you post a pic?

kq25

I will try when the lights come on.It looks happy.It is pulsing really good.I have 130 watts over my 29.I put them near the bottom.