Quick Responses Needed before i leave to go buy...

i am going to buy a protein skimmer today. i don't recall the name of it but it is a back pack type skimmer. i do know it is not a brand name like swf.com sells. anyone have good or bad experience with a back pack type skimmer? hurry.... ty :D :D :D

fshhub

33 gallom??
i'd go with the bakpak, made by cpr, they are a good skimmer for the money, IMO, in top 5 hang ons available, i rally like the remoras, tehnthe berlins adn bakpaks
substitutes, however, i do not know, how they are(generic could mena just that), but i would go with one of the proven ones, if you are not going to get one of those 3 because of $$, i would look at the prizm(unless you ae building your own), but only for smaler tanks, i would not put a prizm on anything over 50 gallons(if that much)
HTH

well guys you caught me too late. i went out and got a prism. do any of you guys have or have had experience with these? the lfs guy said it could take up to a week for it to work correctly. does anyone have any tips on adjusting the prism? what am i lookinf for in the collection cup, dry foam? how do you tell the difference between dry and wet foam?

krux

I'm not sure if all of the new Prizms are shipping with the new impeller, but the old ones are pretty loud. If you are having noise problems there is a way to contact Red Sea and get a new impeller sent to you to replace the noisy one. It depends on how long the unit was on your LFS shelf as to wether it is the new model or old one.
In the equipment section there have been a number of threads about Prizms if you wanna do a search you will dig up a lot.

bbreaux1

ive got a prizm got it online save me a few $ i havent tried it out yet though waiting about another week my cycle just finished and im going get two clowns this week then ill put the skimmer on