Quick sump question

im setting up a 30g sump for my 25g mini reef. my plans are to just run a skimmer and a return pump in the sump. but after thinking alittle more, i figured id need atleast one divider. i was hoping to keep it simple, but then i got to thinking when i lost water due to evap, itll drop the water level around the skimmer, thus effecting performance. so i put one divider about 3/4 of the way down the sump, but im curious if i should make another divider as a bubbletrap? the divider thats in it right now is 10" tall and i plan on running the return section pretty close to that. i dont plan on having the water fall more than 2" over the divider. so i ask you guys, the pros, do i need a bubbletrap?

robertmathern

never a bad idea to have a bubble trap. Also try to make it so you dont have a water fall at all you would be suprised at the amount of bubble even a 2'' drop can make. Also the noise the water fall make can get annoying

Originally Posted by robertmathern
http:///forum/post/2850222
never a bad idea to have a bubble trap. Also try to make it so you dont have a water fall at all you would be suprised at the amount of bubble even a 2'' drop can make. Also the noise the water fall make can get annoying
so just keep both sections filled to the top of the divider?