quickest way to treat ich

tboy

hi
i have a 220 with a lot of rocks and my gold rim tang all suddenly has a lot ich on him
there is no way i could take him and i don't really want to have to treat the whole tank because of i fish only
is there any way to get this solve quick
please help

lion_crazz

Unfortunately, no.
If one fish has it, there is a chance all of them could or will in the future if left untreated.
Pull out the rocks, put them in rubbermaid bins and hypo the whole tank.

tboy

yeah the thing is i have a 220, is gonna take forever to do all that
is cleaner shrimp work or how about cleaner fish

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Tboy
yeah the thing is i have a 220, is gonna take forever to do all that
is cleaner shrimp work or how about cleaner fish
Neon gobies and cleaner shrimp do a decent job, but in no way will they guarantee removal of the parasite.

mie

Lion crazz gave you the best possible advice possible. This will work if done correctly.

big_al

I have a 110 reef that had an ich outbreak a few weeks back. My six-line wrasse devours shrimp and neon gobies so cleaners were not an option. I didn’t have a QT available but I was able to get the ich into remission using a three step process. 1) raise the water temp to 82-84F to speed up the ich life cycle 2) medicated the tank using Kick-Ich and 3) added garlic extract (1 drop per 10 gallons) every day.
After 1 week, all signs of ich disappeared but I notice the ammonia level rise a bit. I thought the biological filter may have been affected so I discontinued the Kick-Ich and lowered the temp back to normal levels. I still dose with the garlic and after three weeks, everything still looks great. From what I’ve read, I don’t believe the ich has been removed but it has given me time to establish a QT and I will soon hypo all my fish there while my DT fallows.
Good luck.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2421357
hi
i have a 220 with a lot of rocks and my gold rim tang all suddenly has a lot ich on him
there is no way i could take him and i don't really want to have to treat the whole tank because of i fish only
is there any way to get this solve quick
please help
As Lion_crazz pointed out, there is no quick way to do this. How are the fish doing now? Have you set up a qt yet?

tboy

thanks for everything guys
i have good but weird news to my ich fish
lfs advice me to leave it alone since he's eating very well. so i try and leave it alone the first day but it seem to get worst. i waited for a second day it still the same. it's been almost 4 weeks it start fading a little bit. i also have cleaner wrasses and he's always picking.
i really never want to treat my tank with anything
i was thinking before if it get worst and start spreading out that when i really have to go with lion crazz advice.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2460501
thanks for everything guys
i have good but weird news to my ich fish
lfs advice me to leave it alone since he's eating very well. so i try and leave it alone the first day but it seem to get worst. i waited for a second day it still the same. it's been almost 4 weeks it start fading a little bit. i also have cleaner wrasses and he's always picking.
i really never want to treat my tank with anything
i was thinking before if it get worst and start spreading out that when i really have to go with lion crazz advice.
He has been suffering from ich for four weeks now? The wrassie will help, but you are going to continue to have ich in your system if you do not treat it.