Quiet One Pumps

Has anyone had any experience with these pumps?
just ordered the Quiet One 9000, rated at 2300 gph. i'm going to use it as an external pump, powering my closed loop system.
Can anyone (who has personal experience with this pump) give me a review?
Good power?
Heat transfer?
ETc.?
Cheers..

posiden

Sorry I can't give direct personal response but, My buddy has the 1600 and has used it for two years. No problems and quite. My 400HH is not up and going just as of yet but it will soon enough.

isistius

i had the 6000 on my 135. used it as the return pump. absolutely silent. great that it can be used interal or external.

I have a 4000HH that I got a few days ago, part of my 'advanced filtration kit' made by Lifegard Aquatics. I set it up and wow, the pump was LOUD and did not sound right! I checked all connections, checked for air seeping into the system, even took it apart and checked the magnet, etc. Set it back up, same problem. The top of the pump was HOT to the touch, and actually heated my water up to 81.5! Normally the tank sits around 78, house temp is 70-72. I called and they are sending a replacement at it should not be like that. Hopefully the new one will run better.
I ran an Eheim 1260 & 1262 before, both ran silent and never had a problem with them.

posiden

Originally Posted by westwind77
http:///forum/post/2955282
I have a 4000HH that I got a few days ago, part of my 'advanced filtration kit' made by Lifegard Aquatics. I set it up and wow, the pump was LOUD and did not sound right! I checked all connections, checked for air seeping into the system, even took it apart and checked the magnet, etc. Set it back up, same problem. The top of the pump was HOT to the touch, and actually heated my water up to 81.5! Normally the tank sits around 78, house temp is 70-72. I called and they are sending a replacement at it should not be like that. Hopefully the new one will run better.
I ran an Eheim 1260 & 1262 before, both ran silent and never had a problem with them.
A guy at work bought that same system. He also was, blessed with an insanly loud and hot pump. He glued on a fitting to the pump so he bought another pump. Ran sweet for about two months, then the same noise again. He is now running a little giant on that setup and he moved the tank cause that pump still isn't quite.
I think the issue you have is with the life guard system itself.
He gave me the first pump and I plan on using it, cause when I got it home it is silent. Pumps strong.

Originally Posted by Posiden
http:///forum/post/2955477
A guy at work bought that same system. He also was, blessed with an insanly loud and hot pump. He glued on a fitting to the pump so he bought another pump. Ran sweet for about two months, then the same noise again. He is now running a little giant on that setup and he moved the tank cause that pump still isn't quite.
I think the issue you have is with the life guard system itself.
He gave me the first pump and I plan on using it, cause when I got it home it is silent. Pumps strong.
Hmmm, great, now I am a little concerned! Well hopefully the replacment will be here this week, if that does not work I am going to return the system, buy the filter seperatly and use with one of my Ehiem pumps I guess.

posiden

Originally Posted by westwind77
http:///forum/post/2956732
Hmmm, great, now I am a little concerned! Well hopefully the replacment will be here this week, if that does not work I am going to return the system, buy the filter seperatly and use with one of my Ehiem pumps I guess.

Good luck friend,
please let me know if you get it solved. That way I might be able to pass the solution on to the guy at work. I should be able to PM by then. I think I am on my second week here.