quote on my new tank

rickstar

hi guys just got back from my lfs and quoted a new set up , after having my 4ft tank 2 years im going a bit biger a was quoted and the following items as follow, please let me know what you think of the equipment quoted, this will have fish and corals .
7.5' x2"x2"tank,weir,and outlet.timber stand, galvanised bolts,coral sand (choise of 2grades)plumbimg,bulheads,valves,union barrels etc,natural sea water/ pumped into tank,3x metal halide 250w radium 14,000 kelvin kits, 1x aqua c ev240 skimer,4x 20kg l/rock premium grade,2x sequence dart pumps 13,000 lph.100watts,1x sump with baffles,1x auto top up system with float valve,2 x jebo 300w heaters, cooling fan with ducting,1x high amp digital timer for lights and coolling. rear ot tank painted .(sump) 4ft and overflow tank 3ft. all delivered& installed. that about it guys please let me know what u think:confused: i will purchase the r.o. unit else where its a must couse of the water evaporation at about 10 to 15 lts per day.:thinking:

boalgf

Are you asking how much this stuff would cost, or if it's a good deal (guess not since you didn't say how much you were paying), or if there is enough equipment for a tank that size? People probably haven't responded since you were somewhat vague.

dogstar

:rolleyes: Ricky baby, calm down....
Your post is confusing to me but I will try to make it out...
"" 7.5' x 2"x2" "" ?? Thats only 6 lts. = 1.5 gl. ha ha. If that 2 x 2 feet then thats about a 225 gl. or 1000 liter tank. NICE..:yes: Is it glass or acrylic?
"" Weir, and outlet "" :notsure: Is that , wired with outlet ? if so then cool.
"" Tember stand w/ gal. bolts "".....OK
"" coral sand "" fine, should be argonite, but.....How much sand are you useing in the tank and are you going to have sand in the sump for fuge?
"" Pluming, bla bla, "" ok, How many and what size drains and returns ? Im sure the pluming will be minimium but really not sure.
"" natural sea water "" thats what I use.
"" 750 watts of MH "" is great, 14000k is a nice color. May want to add VHOs or PCs later. Are they in a hood or pendent hung?
"" 1 ev240 "" is a good skimmer rated for 350 gl. good.
"" 4 x 20 kg. LR "" ?? = 80 kg ? = about 160 lbs. Its a good start. Most ppl. use more for reefs, like 1 lb. of rock for every 1 gl. of tank size. You can add more later if you want.
"" 2x pumps at 13000 lph "" ok,is that all for main tank flow? is that total 13000 or 26000 = 3250 gl or 6500 gl. = 14 X turn over flow rate is good or 28 x flow rate may be a bit too much but some ppl. like that much too.
"" 4 ft. sump w/ baffles "" is that like 55 gls.? you didnt give all the measurments. Are you going to have a refugium in this sump/ If so IMO its not big enough.
"" 3 ft. overflow tank"" not sure what you mean but if you have 28 x flow you will need alot for draining during a power outage.
All the other stuff, heaters, timers ect helps too.
Over all I think it sounds like a good setup but you didnt give a price and I hope you feel your geting a good deal. $$$???
So I hope this helps:happyfish

robchuck

That sounds like a great system, by that I mean that the equipment is appropriate for a healthy reef and nothing seems undersized. And if the price doesn't hurt your wallet too much, I say go for it!
By weir, I assume that you're just using a fancy pants way of describing what in the US is typically referred to as an overflow box, or reef ready tank.

rickstar

hi guys, finally i got some feed back, i thought i was going to die alone:happy: sorry that i did not explain the excitment got the better of me (&the 6 pack) the tank will be 2280mm x 760mmx760 , yes it will have an overflow , 2x pumps rated at 13000 lts each, sump / fuge sand, lights ,the lights for the main tank will be suspended from a built in bulkhead (lights wont be seen)overflow, skimmer as noted above, the amount of l/r , the water, coral sand its all part of the deal, as far as l/r i will add the one from my 55(about 40kg) plus i will buy an extra 80kg,so in total it will be 200kg the water will be provided , from than on it will be pumped to my outside tank 1200lts (12cents p/litre aust$) total $5000.00($aust)all other lfs wanted an extra $1200.00 & not installed.
ps: and yes weir some fancy lfs.bulldust!:happy: