Qwick question on ich!!! any feedback would be appriciated

senormatt

does ich get worse when the lighting is on? I have noticed more spots as the day goes on and in the morning all is pretty much gone. could this still be ich?
My flame angel had ich, i performed hypo(properly) he still kept getting worse so I did a fresh water dip for five minutes, he seemed good for 3 days was eating and everithing then just started swiming slow and died that night(6th day at 1.008).
Now on day 8 of hypo my died grama died(i did not hypo him), my blue fin pigmy still has it and my 2 clowns now have it.
Is hypo ever goning to work?
I'm now considering using cupramine(last time i used it everything died) I dont think the test kit was accurate. How long should i use cupramine?

cranberry

Ya, that's definitely the pattern of a cycle of ich.
Sometimes we have to remember a treatment doesn't always fail because of the treatment itself. It can also be from damage already done. To see ich on the skin means it has been unseen in hidden areas (like the gills) for awhile and is flourishing there. Ich swells the gill filaments and sometimes they can't recoup from that. He was probably doing a little better because the massive invasion of parasites had ceased as it was killed in the 1.008... probably felt a whole lot better. But again... the damage it done and/or progresses and they aren't as able to compensate for it any longer.
Can you go over again who you hypo'd and for what length of time and who is showing ich now?

senormatt

I hypo'd a flame angel(died day 6), royal grama(died day 8, today), a blue fined pygmy angel(does'nt show very many spots on him anymore but is swiming slower than normal), 2 percs started showing signs of ich on exterior very mildly day 8(today).
I dropped the salt level over 5 days, because It was my first time doing hypo and was unsure.
All my inverts have been in another qt for 2 weeks now , I am going to leave them in for 3 more weeks.

cranberry

Ah, that's probably round two you are seeing. I think you are telling me they've been in hopo at most 8 days and some of those days weren't at 1.008. Right?

senormatt

No they all days have been at 1.008 from day 1 to current day 9.
To start the hypo process i did it over 5 days instead of the 48 hrs recommended. we'll see what has transpired when I get to work today(the aquarium is at work).

cranberry

If you see the ich a third time, something is up. But sometimes it takes a bit to kill them all and you see round two pop up a little.

senormatt

Hey Cranberry thanks for all you info. my pygmy does not seem to be doing well at all most of the ich spot are gone but i can find a couple of big ones. His fins are all torn, and he looks like he is changing colors. is this the ich, something else or is it the hypo?

florida joe

does ich get worse when the lighting is on? I have noticed more spots as the day goes on and in the morning all is pretty much gone. could this still be ich?
if you are talking about a 24hr period this is not a typical ick cycle

senormatt

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3266161
A parasite that mimics ick your time frame IMO is just not right for ick (coming and going in 24 hrs)
it does not completely go away by the AM but seems to be worse at night, could the just be the light. I don't think it would be

cranberry

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3266146
if you are talking about a 24hr period this is not a typical ick cycle
We are not seeing the same parasites over and over. Their "hatching" days are going to be staggered. Not every cyst will produce offspring on the same day. For a few days in a row, I see cysts coming and going on a daily basis. Then none for a long period. And every now and then I see it arise again and do the same thing for a couple of days.. much much much smaller numbers. I traditionally don't see them anymore after this second appearance.

senormatt

I think I get what you are trying to say. The angel has less and less on him he has 11 days to go but he is deteriorating fast like the previous 2 who just died.

senormatt

Today it looks like the clowns and the pygmy angel have Brooklynella, but it looks like all the ich is gone. Now they wont eat either.
Could it be Brooklynella?