r banded cat sharks hardy?

B

big pete

i recently purchased a banded cat shark. he seemed very healthy at the LFS but when i put em in our tank he seemed to really mellow out and just sit. he hasent eaten yet but is moving around. any tips/ideas? i would really appreciate it. thanks

B

big pete

hes not in our 60 hes in the 100gal. thanks though, i just bought some squid. anything else?:notsure:

viet-tin

a 100 gallon is still too small for a shark. The minimun sized tank for a shark is 180 gallons.

B

big pete

well i can take him out when he gets too big. thanks for all the help guys...hah. n/m

ericholcek

if nothing is wrong with him except that he just won't eat the squid should get him going. Let me know how it does because i am kind of curious.

B

big pete

he still isnt eating...but he seems very healthy. i heard that sharks will go on hunger strikes for a while once introduced into the tank, true?:notsure:

moraym

Stress will cause hunger strikes in most species. This could be it. So long as the water parameters all check out.
I'd go for the squid and see what happens.

B

big pete

HES EATING NOW!!!! THANKS :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :D

akinda

thnx for how long it would be able to stay in there. but
how did it outgrow a 300?
thought they reach 3.3 feet.

tony detroit

They do. That's cruel. You think 3.3ft looks like it fits in a 8' tank? The thing can barely turn around.
You'll be lucky if in 18months it isn't knocking everything over in your tank. They're wreckless at night, knock over all kinds of stuff.