R/O in an apartment

oba97

I going to be moving to an apartment so I think installing a R/O unit is out of the question. Any other ideas for water? I know I can buy it from a store.

birdy

oba- they sell adaptors where you can hook the RO unit up to a faucet in the bathroom, biggest issue is you can't use the sink when running RO water and you have to find someplace to store the water.

birdy

Actually you may only be able to do that on a kitchen sink faucet, the ends of them screw off and you can get a hose adaptor for them at the hardware store, then you can get the garden faucet adaptor for the RO unit (most actually come with one).
Before we go there, does this apartment have washer/dryer hookups, if so then it would be really easy, you just Y off the cold water hookup and hook the RO unit to one side and waste it down the washer drain.

bigarn

The LFS my nephew goes to sold him the adaptor for the RO unit to plug right into his bathroom sink. Just unscrew the existing fixture (the one with the screen in it) and screw in the one for the RO unit. He runs the line from the sink to containers in the bathtub. :D

yosemite sam

If the washer hook up doesn't work, you can also get the adapters at Home Depot or the like. Mine cost be like $1.50.