R.O. unit blues.

angelofish

After being in this hobby for a couple of years I finally got an RO unit. The problem is one of the fittings was broken in the membrane housing. I contacted the company that makes the unit and was told they would ship a replacement .That was a week ago and nothings come in the mail.I e-mailed again and theyre going to look it up. I tried to find a replacement at home depot but no such luck. They did have a different unit on display that had the same fitting but of course they didnt have same fitting for sale. :mad: Does anyone here know where I could get fittings if I need them in the future. I dying to start making/using my own RO water.
On a different note .Ive gotten ro water at the

[hr]
and needed an extra 5 gals. So I pick up some at my LFS.Comparing the two side by side I noticed that the

[hr]
water was kind of blue-ish while the LFS water looks green-ish like my tap water. :notsure: :mad:
Thanks.

acrylic51

If your mechanically inclined and you have access to tools you might want to look at getting your hands on an extractor bit set..... Mechanics use them to remove broken bolts and such in engine blocks and related fields.....You could probably find something similar at HD or Lowes..... What you would need to do is screw the extractor down inside the fitting and then back it at...What is happening is your cutting teeth into the broken fitting and giving it something to bit onto as you unscrew it.....HTH

chipmaker

Try an industirial parts supply or a hydraulic/ pneumatic supply house. Aorund this part the industrial supply that sells hoses, and nuts, bolts and bearings etc also carry the same exact tubing used on the RODI units, as well as fittings. They sell em for use on low pressure pneumatic applications in the industry.