r.o unit ??

genzod66

i have a coralife 100 g.pd unit,its a few months old it is supposed to make 4 gals an hour and did so,until recently, it has a electric pump,it seems to be taking alot longer to make the water,like a few extra hours,anytway i am using only the cold water handle,cause i was told not to use hot,but could i turn on both the cold and hot water??is this normal that the machines slow up production?any other ideas??

rdm

Several issues could cause this problem
1. Low input pressure. (do you have a gauge?)
2. Clogged, dirty pre-filters. (Do you have a carbon filter or a sediment filter?)
3. Fouled RO membrane. (Membranes need to stay wet, if not used they need to be stored or flushed frequently)
4. Change in input water quality. (do you use city water?)
Hope I could help

snakeblitz33

Yeah, buy some replacement filters and flush the membrane for a good hour or so.
The permeate pump that you are talking about is not electric. There is no electricity that goes to it, it's just a diaphragm in there that pushes water. You hear it click every now and then?
Check to make sure that there are no kinks in your line, and that your float valve is not stuck closed.
If you are loosing water pressure, that could also definately be a problem. Seriously though, if you haven't changed the filters and flushed the membrane by now, that's probably the problem.

mcbdz

Mines plumbed inline and I have to reverse it once a week for a little while to flush it. Do you have a lever ontop that you can turn halfway?