R/O units ??

salt phish

I am tired of buying water and have seen some very good prices on R/O units on E-COVE most have one filter .. My question is what is the difference in units with two and tree filters?? I understand the gallons per day ... thanks for any input

obrionusa

I rent mine off of culligan. costs bout 20.00. But I got good drinking water. I also had them put in a 20 gal holding tank so I could do some serious water partials.

jumpfrog

If there is just one filter it is probably designed to improve dirinking water by filering through charcoal.
Not what you want for your tank. There isn't that much different in price between ro/di or just ro. You'll want a filter that probably has at least 2 carteridges 1 carbon 1 filtering material, then an ro with a di on top.
This is probably one of your most important investments so you probably shouldn't go cheap here.
Do a search and you'll get plenty of recommendations. I use the Typhoon 3 and find it to be awesome.
Good Luck!

houndhome1

hello, I have a five stage unit. The only thing I would change is getting the bigest holding tank u can order. It will save time with water changes. Also get a good tupperware container. U can then use that for storage.

stevenb

PSI and water temp has alot to do with water production. 45 PSI are less cuts water prodution in half. 77 F or less also cuts water production.