R/O

fishgirl

(i mean RO in my title) i have never seen it 4 sale but i really think i want it. please help!!
[This message has been edited by Fishgirl (edited 04-17-2000).]

perculaman

Are you talking about reverse osmosis. Its a instrument that uses a membrane to clear water of contaminents and metals.

wend

I am finding the same problem, It's called living in the northeast section of the country. My parents are from Fla. and they say all store sell it down there, but up here I have only been able to find distilled. So my quest to find R/O water continues, I will let you know if I run across it.

hasq

Originally posted by Fishgirl:
(i mean RO in my title) i have never seen it 4 sale but i really think i want it. please help!!
[This message has been edited by Fishgirl (edited 04-17-2000).]

After an ample amount of research, I found the best bang for your buck to be a unit from UltraPure. I purchased a 35gpd RO/DI unit for $225.00. To give you an idea just how poor water is in NW Indiana, my tap water averaged between 1.1 and 1.4 ppm of amonia. Water changes essentailly became counter-productive... RO is sold everywhere up here. It is either free at the local pet stores or 10 cents a gallon.