r u supposed to acclimate live rock?

prk543

no you don't need to accumulate, but it depends on where you get the rock. If you get it from your store, it should be cured and can go right into your tank, but if your rock is shipped to you it will need to be cured to remove die off.
If you want to cure your rock, use the search feature and there are plenty of threads on how to cure your rock.
-prk543

j-j_02

no, alreay cured. so i can just take it(buy it hahaha) from the store and place it in my dt?

walmart

I wouldnt you could still have some dieoff and have a amm spike. Do it for a day and check for a amm spike.

prk543

if your worried about die off, just ask that they pack the rock in water, but the rock is packed in wet newspaper to minimize die off. If you are driving across town, (not sure how far you travel to your LFS and back) your ammonia spike should be pretty low.

A

alix

i always QT mine for a week anyways... just in case theres anything creepy hiding in it.
cuz that sucks.

j-j_02

no, im only the road like 5 minutes. oh and do i have to have live rock or live sand in my quarentine tank?

prk543

Unless its cycling, your qt should have a bare bottom. from what I understand, you can have fake rock, and some pvc pipe for the fish to hide in, but you want stuff you can easily clean off and that won't die off if you have to do hypo

j-j_02

so i can just have it bare anda pvc pipe piece? do i have to do regular water changes wen ther4e isno animals in it? oh and do i have to have aspecial light or filter in it?