Raccoon not eating...suggestions?

badkharma

I've had my Raccoon Butterfly for about two weeks now, and he acts healthy, but I know he is not (fins starting to seperate a bit at the edges) - unless he is finding stuff at night, he never eats when I feed - all the other fish go nuts. I've tried flake, pellet, frozen brine, frozen krill, and formula two. The only thing he munches at are the algae sheets that I clip in the tank. I don't think that's enough nutrition - but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should soak the algae sheets in some Kent vitamin additive - but I'm getting worried. Anyone here have any suggestions??

marineman

don't have one but read a # of times that they really enjoy munching on small sea anemones, would be $, but condys if accepted are fairly cheap until you can switch him over to something else.
:notsure: :notsure: :notsure: Heard they are not reef safe so may need coral polyps/sponges in their diet. There is a sponge based product out there but have not used it. Good luck Hope you get a post fram a racoon BF owner!!:scared:

wablondie98664

i had a raccoon and for the first 3 days he wouldn't eat any food i put in the tank. i pulled a piece of aptaisia out of my reef tank to put in the butterflys tank and he devoured it. maybe get a small anemone to entice him to eat. after 3 days in the tank mine started to eat brine, mysis and marine cusine like a champ. sadly mine died yesterday
don't know what went wrong?