radiata

firefish3

just wondering if I could what I can put in witha radiata lionfish thinking pearlscale butterfly maybe a tang

I

irenicus

Maybe.
What type of tang are you getting?
How big is your tank?
I see no problems with the butterfly.

chandler04

Maybe an okay sized tank, and there shouldnt be problems. Lions gnerally get along with any fish their size or larger (wont ift in their mouth) but wat u have to watch out for is the other fish picking at the lion. Take into mind that radiatas are one of the more delicate species of lions, they can be tough to get to eat, only except superb water conditions, and tank mates that wont bug em.

chandler04

Wat size tank? Kole tangs are nice and all, but lions ARE cool. Koles are still some of the more docile, shy tangs, and antenattas are prety much as well. Antenattas are easier to care for, and id say a 45 gallon minimum to house. They look like a cross between volitans and dwarf zebras, and they are usally shy as well to other tank mates. Better choice, but not as exotic as a radiata. If u feel up to a challenege, then u can get a radiatta, and a kole tang probably wouldnt bother it, just make sure you have a 65-75 gallon to be albe to house the kole tang comfortably with a lion. Any more questions, please feel free to ask!:D

firefish3

thanks chandler04 you get in fights ALOT but your helpful. I am thinking I NEED to practice because my skills for water components isnt great thinking I might try something else want a togy puffer with a niger triger and something else any suggestions and necesary tank size? chandler what iss it with you and marksmagic?

chandler04

Me and Marksmagic? Wat are u talking about? O, yea, now i see. He was just being rude and he needed to learn his place. Sure, if you want a challenege, try it out. They stay relatively mall too, and it will be a good learning process. First, let me knoiw the size of yer tank, wat u r running for filtration, and other possible tank mates as well. Also, how old the tank is, and wat problems you may have had in the past. Given the proper attention and care, this fish can do well in a suitable aqaurium. But, if u shun it away, dont take good care, then it can and will die. My first real challenege was and is a fuzzy dwarf as of the moment. Got her to eat frozen the other day, didnt eat it today. Gotta work on that one. Well, I do beef a lot for sure, but i just like arguing, and wen people do stuff like that, it annoys me. Have a nice night. Any further questions, you can email me at Chandler044@aol.com (same as aim) and I can talk persoanlly with u.

firefish3

want a valentini puffer and a niger trigger. What would be the minimum for these two fish and would they work together?:happyfish

chandler04

75 gallons and maybe the two fish to a point. Nigers arent generally aggressive, but valentinis are also small. The breaking point would be the fact that the niger will know the puffer has posinous skin. a 75 would just be cuz the trigger will need to swim. you MIGHT be able to slide by with a 55 gallon and up, but others may say otherwise. Id say yes to the two fish. Might I suggest a blue dot puffer instead?

chandler04

Yea, I think 75 gallons is the minimum for butterflies. And yes, the hawaian blue spotted is a beautiful little fish. You could put a hawain blue and a velentini with little trouble.

chandler04

??? I dont get it. Yer gonna get the two puffer, yer thinking of getting an eel, but u might not? A nice sfe or a chainlink would do nicely in a 75 gallon tank.

chandler04

Maybe a cowfish?? Cowfish are cool, but you should try to snag a larger one. Smaller ones are more susceptible to getting tossed around in a current, but they do get huge. REALLY big. Other bozfsh stay really small. Maybe, if you got a spotted or a hovercraft, and got the tow smaller puffers, you could put em in say... a 55 gallon, or smaller, and youd do great. That would be a nice tank.