Rainbow urchin and other new additions

ms. fish

Anyone think that putting a rainbow urchin in a 28 gal is a bad idea? The tank finished cycling in October, but I've been taking it VERY slow. I have the following so far:
6 blue leg crabs
6 turbos snails
6 bumblebee snails
1 emerald crab
1 porcelin crab
1 flame scallop
small colony of yellow polyps
clove polyps which were hitchhikers on a rock I bought
I'd love to add the following:
1 Rainbow Urchin
1 Boxing Crab
1 Sally Lightfoot
1 Hawaiian Strawberry
Anything I should think twice about on this list?

overanalyzer

I have been looking into urchins and they tend to clean off your corraline algea and will destroy your polyps in some cases as well. Not sure on the "rainbow" urchin and what it eats - but they like calcerous algea's such as halimeada and corraline algea. I plan on growing out halimedae in another tank to continually add to a 20 with an urchin and some bangaii's and a couple pieces of branching rock and macro algea's in the tank ....
HTH

Originally posted by overanalyzer
I have been looking into urchins and they tend to clean off your corraline algea and will destroy your polyps in some cases as well. Not sure on the "rainbow" urchin and what it eats - but they like calcerous algea's such as halimeada and corraline algea. I plan on growing out halimedae in another tank to continually add to a 20 with an urchin and some bangaii's and a couple pieces of branching rock and macro algea's in the tank ....
HTH

making a breeding tank for the bangaii's?

overanalyzer

Originally posted by 007
making a breeding tank for the bangaii's?

Yeah a bangaii party tank!!

Seriously - hope to do that and recreate a true lagoon environment on a very small scale - (not so seriously) plus I want to put a red PC bulb on it and use it for mood lighting in the bedroom .... :hilarious
I like the idea of having a tank with more night dwelling type species that I can crank on a red light, drop in some live brine/rotifers and watch the tank come alive after dark ....