RARE Commensalism Shrimp Clam Relationship

baytran7

I bet only a handful of people have seen this in the world. I'm definitely going print this and hang it on the wall.

viper_930

Nice pics.
I had a really cool one with red polkadots all over it, but I don't know what happened to it after the clam died.

murph145

very cool... ive got a clear ghost shrimp in my sarmentosa sps coral kinda cool but urs is really nice and great pic

fishieness

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
Hmmm....... ihatrs really cool, you would think it would be bd for the clam, but its not.
not at all. it is actualy good for the clam as the shrimp do thigns such as clean their gills which are also used for filtering out food particles

tx reef

When I traded some coral with baytran7, I had the pleasure of seeing this shrimp & clam first hand. It was pretty amazing....

teen

Bump, and anyone know where I might be able to get one?
you probably cant just buy the shrimp, they most likely come living together. nice pics

fishieness

Bump, and anyone know where I might be able to get one?
i have never seen one for sale and have looked quite a bit. they are pretty rare but they do come in on wild clams occationaly

madman33

lets see here...i like keys island, neptunes(if i want something high quality and healthy(ususally just tangs))and quality aqua..i hear there are some good ones up by greely and fort collins but i havent gotten a chance to check em out yet.