Rare Corals

fishieness

yup. it is a euphylla sp. which includes frogspawns, hammers,and tourches (which there appears to be one behind that frogspawn)
and a nice one! why? were you thinking of getting it? i lvoe mine. i never liked tourches as much though. they are expensive and i dont like the look as much

fanker

i was thinking of getting 1 but its like 8" in real life and i want to stick with more small corals, but ya shane they have those zoas everywhere and cheap too u should reall check it out

zanoshanox

ya im for sure goin down there as soon as i get my liscence. Hey fishieness, wanna see a nice torch? I'be had my frogspawns for about 5 monhts since i set the tank up but this guys died in like 2 days for some reason when everything else in the tank was doing good...

sharkbyte1023

Hey Zano the coral by the zoos is an acan lordhowensis not a blasto. Take a look at those i'm sure you will find alot more colors that you would like.

fishieness

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
ya im for sure goin down there as soon as i get my liscence. Hey fishieness, wanna see a nice torch? I'be had my frogspawns for about 5 monhts since i set the tank up but this guys died in like 2 days for some reason when everything else in the tank was doing good...

that is pretty nice. and i didnt mean taht i didnt like tourches. i jsut meant i didnt like them as much as hammers and frogspawns because you usualy dont see such bright colors on them.

I

ivyspig

I don't think it is worth over 100 bux either. I have some in my tank that I've had for over a year that is nearly the size of a large orange. I'm not sure I would pay someone over 100 bux for that if I were to see it in a LFS....
Speaking of rare corals though, I have recently aquired an 'Elephants Nose' coral, also known as a Peacock Coral (G. Mycedium). I didn't know what it was when I got it I just knew it was beautiful...purple/brown with teal and pink nodes on it. Anyone else out there own one of these?

zanoshanox

Can you get us a pic of it? But yeah fishieness i think forgspawns are my favorite. I like hammers too but i dont really like the branching ones cause they tend to spread really far apart and the tissue doesnt extend as far ususally. I really like the anchor style ones though especially if the tissue is real big.

fishieness

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Can you get us a pic of it? But yeah fishieness i think forgspawns are my favorite. I like hammers too but i dont really like the branching ones cause they tend to spread really far apart and the tissue doesnt extend as far ususally. I really like the anchor style ones though especially if the tissue is real big.
eyah, defianatly. form all the hammers i have seen, even when fully extended, there are gaps in between the heads. while with my frogspawn, it is one big awesome mass

zanoshanox

yeah thats what i love about mine. I'm trying to get in contact with another member who has 1 5-6 inch hammer that is really full like that! i want it lol