Rare Garibaldi for sale Austin Tx

baytran7

I'd like to sell one of my Garibaldis. Asking 60$ and prefer not to ship. I'm located in Austin TX
heres a pic, he's eating pellets, flakes, frozen

murph145

nice fish howd u get a hold of him?? they are colder water right?? i see the larger adults all the time when i head out to catalina very bold and bright colored

lion_crazz

How long have you had the fish? I only ask because they are a cold water fish, so they are definitely one of the more difficult fish to keep for any long-term amount of time.

baytran7

Originally Posted by murph145
nice fish howd u get a hold of him?? they are colder water right?? i see the larger adults all the time when i head out to catalina very bold and bright colored
I think he's collected from Mexico and brought over into the trade. I have a 1/3hp jbj chiller set to 75. I have 2 and downsizing to 1 due to chasing. If your tank is 77-78 then he will be fine, you are right, they are subtropical. These guys usually go for at least 100 bucks due to their availability.

baytran7

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
How long have you had the fish? I only ask because they are a cold water fish, so they are definitely one of the more difficult fish to keep for any long-term amount of time.
I don't think he's hard to keep if you run your tank at lower temps. The great barrier reef's temp dips down to 72 at times in the year. It would be wise to speak from experience on how easy/hard it is to keep but most people don't get a chance as they are hard to find.

lion_crazz

I agree, they are a bit harder to find and definitely an expensive fish. How long have you had this one?