razor blade

larrynews

can i just use a regular razorblade to scrape the algee off the glass or is the metal bad to use in the tank...
thanks

S

sw_h2o

I found one with a long handle on it I believe it's just a regular razor blade inside though.

zenway9

i just bought a mag float for my freshwater tank and it's the best invention ever! whoever came up with this is a freakin genius! the green algae was thick on every side and in 20 minutes, it was spotless! i think i'll get a bigger one for my saltwater tank...if i ever get any algae...

jacknjill

yeah but it wont get coraline, or that hard green algae that can cover the glass. you have to have a razorblade also

clarkiiclo

I use a flat razor blade in a pair of forceps. Works nice and I dont have to stick my hand too far into the tank.
I also have a big "paint scraper" well that is what it was made for but it never made it.
Basically it is a REALLY big razor blade in a handle. Works great for my big tank.

daveb

I took a 28 inch half inch circumference dowel, and in the end cut an angle cut with a saw. The fat side of a single edge razor blade slides into the cut, and makes a beautiful scraper.. and it is very easy to change blades... Also you can have several different lengths of dowels for reaching different areas of the tank without too long or too short of a handle..... and cheap cheap cheap....
Dave