rbta lacks bubble tips?

poolguy

recently my rbta has lost its "inflated" bubble tips, and now seems to have normal looking things, whatever they are called, it apears healthy in all other aspects,, water param. are great... anyone think that it might be the diet? i am feeding it freeze dryed krill..? thanks

viper_930

Nobody knows for sure the reason why BTA's do or do not have bubble tips. There are theories though. I think that it is wether or not the anemone has enough nutrition from the light or feedings. If it has enough the bulbs will form. That is what I have observed with my RBTA.

redxlch

Been wondering about that myself. We have a healty Sebae and 1 bleeched out RBTA we are trying to nurse and another fairly heatlthy RBTA.
The bleeched out one does what you are describing during the day and swells at night. The clown has been massaging it constantly and it seems to improve at times :notsure:
I am trying to figure out how to time the aqualights to see if that will improve the health and keep the healthy ones just that...healthy

I don't know that it is directly tied to nutrition. I hardly ever feed my anemone. Whatever food he catches in the tank(usually brine shrimp) is all that he usually is fed. I have had this or a clone of it since '99. Here is a picture of my anemone now with bubble tips on one side:

This is the same anemone a month before the last picture with the same amount of food and light. The only difference is the tank temperature is dramatically higher in this picture.

poolguy

ok, so here is the next logical ? what does everyone else feed there little guys, what is the thought process on the best things to feed them, what i have heard, and bear in mind, i have only been doing this a year and a half, so i am humble, but i hear the krill is the best for them? thanks for the input

stupid_naso

Many believe that thawed brine shrimp is not a nutritious enough food for anemones, or even fish in general. For anemones, they recommend minced silversides or krill. For fish, they recommend feeding them variety of food instead of solely relying on brine shrimp for their nutrition.
GiraffeMaster, IMO your anemone lacks nutrition. It's bleached from my observation. So you might want to try feeding it silversides or krill. You will notice the difference after awhile.
-stupid_naso

viper_930

IMO giraffe's anemone is not bleached. The white tips with the brown base is a natural color morph that I have seen before. The zooxanthelae's brown color can be seen in the second pic and below the white tips on the first.

poolguy

ok, his isn't bleached, but dang it! i want my buble tips back on mine,, isn't there a way?
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: