RBTA moving.......Bad??

csrobe02

Hey, i briefly posted this in another thread, but didnt get many hits because the title was misleading. I have had my RBTA for a little over a month, and that whole time it has stayed in one spot, looking very healthy hosting my clown. Recently (within the last week) it has moved to 2 different spots, and is not on the other side of the tank, right next to a powerhead that I had to turn off before it got sucked up.
My question is this... Is this a sure sign that my anemone is unhappy? or that there is something in the water that it doesnt like? Do anemones move around right before they split? Because i have noticed the anemone getting more of a "heart" shape than the normal "round" shape.
If anyone has any info plz let me know. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

stapler

I think for the most part they move to find a better spot in the tank. I would put a small foam cover on the powerhead so it doesnt get sucked up into it. I had one sucked up into my PH a few years ago....and it ripped it up pretty good.
The only other problem I can see with a moving anemone is if you have other corals. It will sting and eventually kill corals if they get to close to one another.
Just keep an eye on it.

stapler

What kind of lighting do you have over your tank? Any info helps others give you better advice.

T

thomas712

Moving can be normal until it finds its sweet spot. I have a few that has not moved at all in over a year.
As long as water quaity is high,
Lighting is to its liking
The current isn't too harsh
And you don't feed it grits you'll be ok.
But if you change just about any of that he might move.
Have you tried to feed him at all?
Thomas